Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree


No matter how I tried this year, I could not get the top of my tree to look straight.  I yanked, I turned it around, I moved branch, I gave up.  It isn't as bad as it looks in this picture because it seems, I can't get my camera straight either!  So last weekend when our friends came to dinner and to exchange gifts, someone said it would probably look better, if everyone would lean to one side. 

So we did,

and then I was told my mirror was crooked.  Oh, well.

These 2 couples are the ones who took the challenge to give gifts made in the USA.  It was a challenge, but I think we did pretty well.  There were puzzles, hot sauce, candles, liquor, bowls, wood chips for smokers, bbq rubs, refrigerator fresheners and a door bell button* -  all made in the USA.  There were also many homemade food goodies and beautiful table runners, napkins and hot pads made in the USA (technically, even though it is hard to find material made in the USA). 

I think we all had a little more fun this year, because we had to put thought into it.  We had a blast opening the presents to see what everyone had found.  We are so blessed to have such great friends - that was the best gift!

*Vivien thinks that the little plastic door bell button that come with houses is pathetic and has found beautiful replacements ones made from metal with designs (ours is a chili pepper) that are made in the USA. 

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

The tree still looks very cheery, as do your friends in all the pictures.

Dawn said...

Sounds like a great time together - and the tree looks great.

My husband thinks I have enough nativity sets now, and where would I put more? But I just love them and will figure out places, if I get more. I do have quite a few on my tree as well.

Have a blessed time with your family.

grammy said...

so funny
tipping tree and tipsy friends...(o:
Sounds like a great get together.
Have a great Christmas and stay warm.