Friday, March 13, 2009

Rocky Mountain National Park

We drove to the Park on Wednesday and saw this herd of elk just before we went into the park. They are the only elk we have seen this trip - but there were quite a few here.

Yes, it was cold and the wind was blowing, but we braved it for a walk around the lake.


We are so blessed to have numerous handicap accessible paths in the mountains. There were several areas that were covered with snow but Tito's ATV went through them with very little help from me.

Until we came to this:

This is were our hike ended. It was nice to be able to go about 1/3 of the way around, but sad tha! there is so little snow here for March. It is so dry!

We met a nice couple from Ft.Collins who helped get the chair up (and back down) so Tito could be near the lake. It was nice to have the help, but I think we could have managed, we have got that chair to go many places!

The view across the lake is breathtaking and the sky so clear. I don't know many places that can compare with this. And we live so close!
We even braved the cold for a picnic! I should have brought a blanket for the cold bench!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY IT WORKED!! I GOT TO SEE ALL THE PICTURES :) Colorado is such a beautiful state bec it is so close to heaven !! I love to see the pictures but I DON'T go out in the cold. 50 deg is my low limit to be out. Wouldn't make it in Colorado. thx for sharing. Toni