Sunday, February 27, 2011

Birthday Blessings




































I have had a hard time seeing the blessings in my life the past few weeks.  Tito had another shoulder surgery; several relatives have had health problems; work has been crazy; I have a bad tooth that has to be pulled; the list could go on and on.

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a wonderful day and reminded me of all the blessings I have in my life.  A co-worker took me to lunch on Friday; I received many birthday cards; both kids called to wish me Happy Birthday; Kaiden whispered Happy Birthday Gram to me and I received proof, we have the best friends ever.

We always get together to celebrate birthdays with John and Janice and Gary and Vivien.  Since Tito has limited mobility until his shoulder heals, they brought the celebration to our house.  They cooked and loaded everything up right down to the chocolate milk and Irish Cream we love in our coffee to our house.

They are the best friends anyone could possibly have. 

Today, Tito, Nathan, Stacy and Kaiden had the flowers on the altar in honor of my birthday.  My birthday is usually during lent and we do not have flowers during lent, so this was really special.

I am now looking at things with a new perspective.  Tito had surgery and it turned out well.  Now both of his shoulders are repaired and he will be able to do the things he loves this summer.   Although there have been medical problems, they are all doing better.  No matter how crazy work is, I do have a job and even though we have had to move some money around and make changes in plans, we do have the money for my dental surgery.

It was a great birthday.  I just need to remember these blessings over the coming year. 

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Happy birthday and I am glad things are looking better for you.

grammy said...

Happy Happy Birthday (o:
I will turn 58 this month....
Your friends sound great. I love it when friends and family make me feel special. I am sure you do too.
My DIL just asked me what I wanted her to cook for my BD... I gave her some ideas of my favs that she cooks. Cabbage Burgers for one.
My best friend from New York will come out next weekend...that is a great BD present!!!
Hope your husband heals fast and all goes well with his shoulder.