Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Memories

The album pictured is what I took to the Daughter Tea as my 'Memory'. My parents made this for me for Christmas when I was 8 or 9 years old. The wood is paneling that my father salvaged from a construction site.

It is hard to tell in the in the picture, but my mother wood burned Photograph Album on the cover and filled cut scrapbook paper to fit inside. I have always treasured this. It is a good example of a gift costing next to nothing but being priceless!
This is a picture of the first page of the album with my parents pictured in the center and a picture of their 5 children.

2 comments:

grammy said...

Love the photo album and looks like the tea was great.

Anonymous said...

I still think of you talking about your mom and the angelfood cake with pink fluffy frosting. even though my last imitation cake (the angelfood cake was purchased...I tried to make one and it was more like a brick pound cake; I will somehow do the best i can to make an angel food cake with the perfect "pink fluffy frosting". I love you.
CLE