Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mama

Today was my mother's birthday. I do not have many pictures of my mother and I can't find any of me with her. I guess that is what happens when you are the one taking the pictures. What I do have of my mother is many wonderful memories and examples of her needlework. She could sew anything. I would show her a picture of the latest fashion and she would make it. She quilted and I have several she made for me. She knitted and crocheted. I have many crocheted pieces that I do not use. When we moved to this house three years ago, I was looking for something to hang on my dining room wall. I pulled out these pieces made by my mother (a couple by my sister) and framed them. I now have an original display in my dining room and a tribute to my mother's talent.

1 comment:

grammy said...

Such beautiful works from your mom.
Kakes a great display
That BD lunch with your little sweetie looks like so much fun. Happy Birthday to you. Mine is this month too (o: