Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thankful

Earlier this month, my niece posted on Facebook a challenge to update your status each day starting Today I am thankful.....

I took the challenge and have found that each day I am looking at how blessed I am. Several others have taken the challenge and I have been amazed at the wide variety of things people are thankful for - the bargains they found while shopping, the love of their spouse, the fact their parents taught them manners, the technology we have today, jobs, family, pets, old photos, phone calls from friends far away to name just a few.

Here are some of mine:

  • Tito has dinner ready when I get home from work
  • Carrie and David and the sense of adventure they bring to the family
  • Tito does much of the housework so we can play on the weekends
  • Nathan and Stacy and their sense of family
  • The last budget leaving my desk (yeah)
  • My bunco buddies
  • Nathan and Stacy believe it is important to bring Kaiden to church

I have enjoyed this challenge and plan on continuing to look each day at how blessed I am in not only the big things such as family and friends, but the little things everyday. Like the wonderful smile on this little guy's face.



No comments: