Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas

It is snowing outside, nice big fluffy flakes slowly coming down. Very nice to sit here and watch. It snowed last Wednesday and has stayed very cold since then. Last Friday my work group had our Christmas lunch. Friday night, my Bunco group had our annual Christmas bunco night - a crazy gift stealing game. It is something we plan for all year long.

For our family gift this year, we decided to go to the Botanic Gardens to see the Blossoms of Light and then out for coffee afterwards. So with temps around 25, we bundled up this little guy

and went to see the lights. The pictures do not do them justice. These were taken by Dave, he is much better at this than I am. There were thousands and thousands of lights throughout the garden and it was just stunning.
The lights in the fountain changed colors


I liked the reflection on the partially frozen pond


This blue tree with large lighted snowflakes was my favorite

This morning our Women's Group at church had our annual brunch and ornament exchange. It is always fun.
I try to stop everyday and make sure I focus on the real meaning of this season. I liked our Advent sermon this morning - preparing our lives for Jesus. So in my busy life that becomes busier during December, I stop to look at the snow falling and say a prayer of thanks for all the blessings my family has and to remember why. I hope it is beginning to feel like Christmas in your home.

2 comments:

grammy said...

Wow, you have had a bunch a celebrations already.
Where is the botanical Gardens. That sure looked pretty.
I always think about going to the zoo light, but now it is too cold.

Tonja said...

What beautiful lights! I always like to go and look at the big displays like that!

Glad you are enjoying some parties already! Have fun!