Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gratitude #6

A few weeks ago our reading at church was from Genesis 17 where the Lord promises Abraham he will be the father of nations.  Part of this passage says " I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless and I will may my covenant between me and you, and will make you exceedingly numerous".  The Abram fell on his face...  Kaiden looked at me and said "He fell on his face, oh no."  I know that Kaiden benefits from being in church and I know that he pays attention to the music and his parents have taught him the Lord's prayer, but sometimes he just seems so busy looking at his book, coloring his papers that I wasn't sure how much he was really taking in.  I looked at him and thought, he is soaking all this in just as he does everything else around him.  I am so grateful that his parents choose to bring him to church.  I am so grateful that he is getting this experience.

1 comment:

grammy said...

It is a blessing...
My kids grew up in church... but one of them is not taking family now..that really hurts me.