Monday, July 12, 2010

Day Off

Saturdays and Sundays are days off , but Saturdays are always filled with laundry, cleaning house, grocery shopping, errands. Last Saturday we decided we really needed a day off, so we packed a lunch and headed to Boulder.
It was a beautiful day and we really didn't have anything in mind. I just needed to relax and I always head to the mountains to do that.
We walked through the Farmer's Market

enjoying the colors and sights and sounds that are Boulder. We then headed up the canyon and found a nice place by the creek for lunch

This was our view while we ate.

For me it isn't summer until I get my feet into a mountain stream. It was still pretty cold. Sometimes I wonder how I ever learned to swim in a mountain lake-they never are really warm.
Tito thought it was really cold! After lunch we went back to Boulder, walked around the Pearl Street Mall, people watching and had coffee before heading home.
I really enjoyed the day and should take more days off.

2 comments:

Tonja said...

Don and I went to Boulder a few years ago. I loved it! We had so much fun. We met about 8 other couples there who are motorcycle dealers all over the country. The dealer there in Boulder had machines ready for us all, and we spent the whole day riding up into the mountains. We ate lunch at some big hotel/resort there. We make it back to Bpulder about dark. Such scenery! We spent a few more days there. Our hotel was just a few blocks from the Pearl Street Mall. We really enjoyed walking through and eating there. A delightful trip.
So glad you were able to take the day and go for a fun little trip! You need to do it more often! We all do.

grammy said...

yes
you should take more days off (o:
looked wonderful
cold water indeed
how did we use to wade in the river
maybe young feet are tougher