Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hot Fun in the Summertime

It was hot here this weekend. Yesterday we broke a record at 102 and we turned our A/C on for the first time this year. Haven't heard what it was today, but this picture was taken at about 1:00 this afternoon. But of course, like they say here, it is a dry heat!

My dear friend Lynda was here from CA and we were able to get together for dinner on Saturday night. We have been friends since we were in our early 20's. We do not get to see each other often enough and don't talk often enough, but we can sit down and pick up the conversation like yesterday was the last time we saw each other. We shared a bottle of wine, dinner and had a good talk. Love you Lynda (Jim too!).

I picked over 10 pounds of rhubarb yesterday. Today I made a batch of jam. I have never made rhubarb jam before but it looks like my mother's. I still have over half of the rhubarb left. I need to cut it up and freeze it, but I ran out of time....

I had to go to the airport to pick this little guy up (his Mommy and Daddy too). They came in late this afternoon after a week in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. We sure missed them. Sounds like they had some great adventures. Welcome home!

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

It is so great to have a friend like that where you can start talking like you had just seen each other the day before. I am very impressed with the rhubarb jam.