Saturday, April 23, 2011

An Easter Trip Down Memory Lane

I was cleaning out a drawer and come across a handful of old pictures.  There were a few Easter ones, so I thought I would share. 
My mother noted, Easter, 1955 on the back so I would have been 3.  I have no memory of this dress, but I know my mother made it, she made all my clothes.  I wish I still had that bucket!
This one did not have a date, but I am guessing I was 5, maybe 6.  I do remember this dress, it was lavender plaid with a solid lavender jacket. You can barely see it in the corner, but there was a pink crocheted purse my mom made for me.  I slept in pink spoolie rollers to get those tight curls!  Look at that hat and the size of that egg!

I did a little digging and came up with a couple of Nathan, but did find any of Tito or Carrie when they were small.  I will have to search some more.

Nathan was 18 months old and enjoying something from his basket.  I just love chubby baby knees. 

This was the following year, when he was 2 1/2.  I remember using his father's old shirts for paint shirts. (Do you remember having to take a paint shirt to school for messy projects?)  Seriously, could my glasses have been any larger?

2 comments:

Tonja said...

Ha, Ha! I think I have those same glasses! Why ever did we think those huge things looked good? You were such a beautiful little girl. I bet your Mom loved dressing you! It did use to be such fun to go and get your Easter outfit. Sweet memories. Have a blessed Easter, my friend!

Jeanie said...

Your pictures are wonderful. Isn't it fun to look back at those memories.
My mother made all of my dresses for many years when I was little also.