Sunday, September 15, 2013

Museum Visit

Last weekend we took advantage of one of The Museum of Natural History (it is called something else now Museum of Nature and Science, I think, but it will always be Museum of Natural History to me). We met Nathan, Stacy, the boys, Carrie and Dave and my friend, Fayette (who just moved back from FL after 20 years - she did it backward you are supposed to retire to Fl not to CO!) and her granddaughter.  Besides seeing the dinosaurs the boys
got to park a space shuttle;
play the piano;
see colored rocks (I had told Kaiden there were rocks in all colors at the museum, purple, green, yellow, blue and he looked at me like I was crazy and said I don't believe you - here he is telling me he found the purple one!);
see the animal dioramas (he called all the animals kitty, kitty)
and then have a picnic.  In the shade.  It was the last hot day before the rains and floods started.

I hope we continue this tradition.  Picnics and Museums are two of my favorite memories from my childhood and I would like it to be a good memory for them also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun! Glad Fayette's back in CO. Much love, LA